Privacy NoticeAvis d’Înformâtion Privée
The Comité des Connétables is a public authority and performs public functions in accordance with Jersey Law.
The Comité is a controller and processor of personal data and is registered with the Jersey Office of the Information Commissioner. Our registration covers the Comité des Connétables, the Supervisory Committee, the Comité des Chefs de Police, the Rates Assessors Association and the Rate Appeal Board.
Terms such as personal data, data controller and others in this privacy notice are defined by article 1 of the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018 (DPJL).
By ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’ we mean the Comité. By ‘you’, ‘your’ we mean any individual parishioner, supplier or other third party – collectively being “data subjects” who visit us, access our website, social media or otherwise interacts with us.
OUR PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The DPJL requires data controllers to process data lawfully, fairly and transparently and in order to meet these requirements we must give detailed and specific privacy information to data subjects, as follows:
- We are required by law to collect certain personal data and other information, either directly from you or from other individuals or organisations, in order to perform our statutory obligations e.g. a public function, an appeal about a rate assessment or an appeal about a Sunday trading permit.
- We may also request other information from you if we can be of assistance.
If you would like more details of the personal data we process for a particular purpose, or if you are not happy with our processing of your personal data, then please contact us – details below.
You have the following rights regarding our processing of your personal data:
- To access personal data we hold about you and to be provided with details regarding the purpose for which it is held, the categories of information held, who we might share it with, the period it is held and, where it has not been collected directly from you, the source of the information we hold about you;
- To rectify any inaccurate data we hold about you;
- To erasure of your personal data, in certain limited circumstances;
- To restrict our processing of your personal data, in certain circumstances;
- In certain circumstances, to have your personal data provided to you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and, where feasible, to have that data transmitted to another controller;
- To object to processing to perform a public function or that is based on legitimate interests, except where there are compelling reasons for us to continue e.g. in the public interest;
- To object to processing for purposes of direct marketing. Please note that the Parish does not use your personal data for direct marketing purposes;
- To object to processing solely for historical or scientific purposes;
- Not to be subject to decisions based solely on automated processing that produces legal effects or similarly significantly affects you. Please note that the Parish does not process your personal data in this way;
- To complain to the Office of the Information Commissioner T: +44 (0)1534 716530, E: [email protected], P: Office of the Information Commissioner, 2nd Floor, 5 Castle Street, St. Helier, Jersey, JE2 3BT.
Please also note that if we rely on consent as the lawful basis for our processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us. We may be unable to provide a service if you exercise this right.
Comité des Connétables
East Wing RJA&HS, Route de la Trinité, Trinity, JE3 5JP
E: [email protected] T: 01534 – 767555
We will review this privacy notice periodically and will post updates on our website.